Saturday, October 7, 2017

Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man #10: The Yaffa edition

Sometimes I love it when I'm wrong...

A few months ago I presented a cover gallery of my complete collection of Yaffa's Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man. I didn't know at the time that my collection was incomplete - there is in fact a 10th issue in the series:


This issue is quite scarce. I certainly had not come across a copy until I secured this copy for myself. I checked with a few other collectors, none of whom could recall having seen a copy before, and there is no reference to it on AusReprints either.

Scarcity aside, I should have guessed it might exist, as according to my own profile of Yaffa Marvel editions, long-running series tended to include a couple of 'tall digest' issues with new content before the reissues started.

Hmmm... I wonder whether there was an unnumbered $1.10 cover price magazine-size reprint of the the first issue following #10...?

Update: I can confirm there is a #11 in the series. 

No comments: